Commerce Bursaries in South Africa for 2018
Careers in the Commerce field
The Commerce field is a large one, with many career opportunities. In brief, Commerce is about figuring out the inner workings of a business, managing staff personnel, tracking tax schemes, tracking the stock market, increasing a companies sales turnover and so much more.
Through their studies, commerce students will gain an understanding about financial policies, economics, markets, as well as other business and industrial policies. As part of tertiary coursework, those who work in the commerce field will also have a basic knowledge and understanding of business administration, advertising, sales, marketing and other core business aspects.
What careers can I follow in the Commerce industry?
The commerce industry is large, therefore you are bound to find a career path which suits your skill set. Some of the top careers in Commerce include:
– Business Commerce
– Business Economics
– Business Management
– Business Science
– Corporate Affairs and Administration
– Customer Relationship Management
– Human Resources
– Income Tax
– Information Systems
– Investment Analysis
– Office Management
What are the requirements for a career in one of these fields?
If you are thinking of pursuing a career in Commerce, you should meet the requirements as listed below:
- You must have a good understanding of how businesses work
- You must love working with numbers
- You must be honest and have integrity
- You must have a degree qualification (either of the following – Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM)/ Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)/ Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)/ Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS))
- There are certain other skills you will need depending on the career path you choose within the Commerce sector
How can I get a bursary for Commerce?
Here are the companies who are offering bursaries for this particular field of study:
Tiso Foundation Bursary
AVI Limited Bursary
FNB Fund Bursary
Investec Bank CSI Bursary
Standard Bank 150 Bursary
Standard Bank CSI Bursary
Coronation Fund Managers Bursary
…. more coming soon