Human Resources Bursaries in South Africa for 2018
Human Resources as a career path
A career in Human Resources (HR) means you will be responsible for interviewing, screening, recruiting and placing workers within a company. You may also be required to deal with payroll, employee relations, training and benefits.
What career opportunities are available within the Human Resources field?
There are various career options available within HR, allowing room for growth as you gain more knowledge and working experience. Let’s have a look as some of the career paths:
– HR Administrator/ HR Assistant – this is an entry level position which handles personnel-related documentation and paperwork, including employment contracts.
– Recruitment Coordinator – this job entails advertising new vacancies, analysing applications, shortlisting candidates, arranging interviews and managing any other tests in the recruitment process.
– HR Officer – this position deals with payroll, recruitment, induction, training, equal opportunities, grievance and disciplinary procedures, absence and sickness tracking, redundancy settlements and establishing staff support systems.
– Training Officer – professionals in this position must identify training requirements for employees, as well as designs and implement the training programmes.
– HR Manager – this position requires overseeing other members of the HR team and ensuring that they are meeting their responsibilities regarding employment law, employee welfare and salary reviews.
How much can I earn in the Human Resources industry?
With the correct level of qualification and working expereience, you can expect to earn the following salary (note that these salaries are the median):
- Human Resources Assistant – around R110 000 per year
- Recruitment Consultant – around R140 000 per year
- Human Resources Administrator – around R140 000 per year
- Human Resources Officer – around R190 000 per year
- Training Officer – around R230 000 per year
- Human Resources Consultant – around R240 000 per year
- Senior Human Resources Generalist – around R350 000 per year
- Human Resources Business Partner – around R440 000 per year
- Senior Human Resources Manager – around R500 000 per year
- Regional Human Resources Manager – around R520 000 per year
- Human Resources Director – around R870 000 per year
How can I get a bursary for Human Resources?
Here are the companies who are offering bursaries for this particular field of study:
FNB Fund Bursary
….more coming soon