MBA Scholarships & Bursaries South Africa 2016 – 2017
1) University of Cape Town – Graduate School of Business
There are a limited number of scholarships/ bursaries available for MBA full time and modular students. Please note that a confirmed place on the programme is a precondition for all funding.
- Bertha Centre MBA Scholarships were created in 2011 to nurture a new generation of social innovators, and to explore entrepreneurial solutions to help solve some of the urgent social and environmental problems of our time. These bursaries are open to both South African and African students each year. You can find out more information and apply for the scholarship on the Bertha Centre page.
- Business Women’s Association for South African women with the desire to succeed as corporate managers and the ability to equip themselves appropriately – for more information, please contact the BWA directly as this is administrated by the BWA
- Molteno Brothers’ Trust Scholarship for South African MBA students
with an agricultural/economics background and the stated intention of working in the agricultural sector. Up to 75% of fees are paid with one student per year benefitting.
- The Sainsbury Trust Fellowship for South Africans from previously
disadvantaged backgrounds who are qualified engineers or scientists and intend to a) continue to work in South Africa and b) continue to work in the engineering sector. Between 5-10 full or partial scholarships are awarded annually.
Molteno Brothers’ Trust Scholarship and Sainsbury Trust Fellowship bursary applicants are required to complete and submit the following Funding Application Form (http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/files/GSBOAPFundingApplication_1.pdf).
- Limited funding is available for Ph.D students from the UCT Postgraduate Funding Office. Please refer to the UCT website for more information.
- South African citizens can approach any major bank as all the major banks can arrange study loans at a reasonable interest rate. You may have to have a guarantor if you are studying full time.
- South African citizens can also approach EduLoan for a study loan
- US and Canadian citizens may be eligible for their Governments’ funding programmes.
- Other citizens should approach banks or loan institutions in their own countries as a first point of call. Alternatively, please see the “Helpful websites if you’re searching for International or Local Scholarships” section on the UCT website.
2) Prodigy Finance Scholarship
Prodigy Finance is revolutionising student finance. Their innovative model offers alumni-funded loans to international students at the world’s top business schools, including the UCT Graduate School of Business.
While banks base their loan decisions on historical salaries, Prodigy looks to the future. They assess applicants’ future earning potential (based on the past achievements of similar graduates) to determine loan affordability.
Their model is borderless, allowing them to offer competitive rates to over 150 nationalities of students.
Eligibility: Accepted students into the full time MBA class of 2016 are eligible to apply for a loan with Prodigy (https://prodigyfinance.com/university-of-cape-town-gsb/loan).
Rates: Interest rates vary depending on individual applicants. See more detail about the terms and conditions, and how to apply for a loan on Prodigy’s website.
Why choose Prodigy?
- 150 nationalities covered
- Competitive interest rates
- No collateral or guarantees required
- Easy online process
- No repayments while you study
Student loans are concluded in advance, and are disbursed 10 days after the start of class.
All students are required to pay the acceptance deposit in order to secure a place on the programme.
Prodigy Finance Ltd is incorporated in the United Kingdom (Company Number 05912562) and registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner (Reg. No. Z9851854). Prodigy Finance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and entered on the Financial Services Register under firm registration number 612713. Prodigy’s registered address is Palladium House 1-4 Argyll Street, London, W1F 7LD
3) Women in Business Scholarship
Women in Business (WIB) is passionate about empowering women. The society was created to provide a platform to enable personal and professional growth by inspiring women to make sustainable positive changes in their lives, which will in turn inspire others. A full bursary towards the Post-Graduate Diploma in Management Practice tuition is available for an individual who will be registered on the program in 2015.
The successful candidate will possess the following key characteristics:
1. Demonstrate an active contribution towards uplifting the community.
2. Embodies the aspirational values of WIB society. Please download and complete this form (http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/files/2015_WIB_GSB_Funding_Letter.pdf) and submit it to the GSB admissions department (email@example.com) as part of your full application.
4) NWU Potchefstroom Business School
ASPEN-PHARMACARE MBA BURSARY
The NWU Potchefstroom Business School in association with Aspen Pharmacare invites students who qualify, or have already qualified (and enrolled), for MBA studies to apply for annual bursaries, to be awarded (early) in the 2015 academic year.
Consideration will be given to needy South African students who have:
- Successfully completed their undergraduate/honours studies
- Been accepted as students at the NWU Potchefstroom Business School to be eventually registered as an MBA student.
Application form can be downloaded at: http://pbs.nwu.ac.za/img/uploads/file/MBA/2015/BURSARY%20APPLICATION%20Interactive.pdf
If you can missed the application deadline or wish to find out about any further opportunities contact:
Mrs Wilma Pretorius
Position: MBA adminstrative Officer
Tel: +27 18 299 1419
Contact Leanie van Ronge on 018 299 1409 firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) University of Stellenbosch Business School
Bursaries & Scholarships
USB’s Bursary Scheme provides partial bursaries and financial assistance to a number of deserving students who have been admitted to the MBA programme.
For more details on how to apply for bursaries, contact Marie Willows on 021 918 4243 or at email@example.com. The closing date for bursary applications is 30 November each year.
Only students who have been accepted onto the MBA may apply for a bursary.
- The bursaries will be awarded to a full-time MBA.
- All the bursaries will be awarded on academic merit.
- Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups (in the case of South Africans) will be given preference.
- Applicants must provide evidence of financial need and not be recipients of any other form of study sponsorship (e.g. from their companies).
- Further terms and conditions apply to each bursary.
- Every application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The National Research Foundation offers bursaries.
Henley Business School
Vist the official website for further information (http://www.henleysa.ac.za/).
6) Milpark Education
Milpark Education offers a limited number of MBA scholarships to prospective students. More information on their website: http://www.milpark.ac.za/new-students/general-info/student-finance.
7) Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Business School
Bursaries and Scholarships availability and options form part of the NMMU Financial Aid department mandate. For bursary and scholarship options, please visit: http://finaid.nmmu.ac.za/.