South African Society of Crop Production (SASCP) Bursary for 2017 – 2018
DEADLINE OF THE SASCP BURSARY
15 March 2018.
ABOUT THE SASCP BURSARY
Each year the SASCP awards 2 bursaries to deserving students who are studying in the general area of Crop Production.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback regarding your application, please accept that your application was not successful.
VALUE OF THE SASCP BURSARY
Each bursary is awarded to the value of R10 000, to be used towards study expenses.
BURSARY FIELDS COVERED BY THE SASCP BURSARY
Undergraduate Degree or Postgraduate in Crop Production (Crop Science or Agronomy).
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE SASCP BURSARY
Students must meet the minimum requirements below before submitting their application – failure to meet all the requirements will result in an unsuccessful application:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matric
- Must be registered to study a full-time 4 year undergraduate or postgraduate Crop Production degree qualification
- Must be registered to study at a University in South Africa during the year of application
- Must have obtained a minimum average of 60% for the previous year of tertiary study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SASCP BURSARY
Apply by way of one of the following application forms:
SASCP Bursary Application Form (pdf).
These application forms are also available for download on the SASCP website (https://www.sascp.org.za/index.html?/bursaries.html&content)
Please attach copies of these documents when submitting your bursary application (as a minimum):
- Certified copy of your South African Identity Document
- Certified copy of your Matric certificate
- Latest tertiary academic records
- Official university results (to be submitted at the end of year)
- Undergraduate degree certificate (postgraduate students) (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a South African university
- A completed SASCP membership application form (available at: https://www.sascp.org.za/index.html?/bursaries.html&content)
- Any other documents you feel may be beneficial to your application
Applications must be posted to:
PostNet Unit 301
Private Bag X1288
CONTACT THE SASCP BURSARY PROVIDER
South African Society of Crop Production (SASCP)
Secretary: Dr Maryke Craven
Tel: 018 299 6346